Album Guarnicê Recording coming soon!



In a recent interview I was asked by a researcher and professor at the University of Cambridge to talk about the Rio Capoeira Public Rodas (Street Rodas), I heard her say: - the recording of the album Guarnicê reminds me of the Tropicália movement. Listening to that, I was surprised because I did not see the relationship, even by the dimension that represents that artistic movement, which was also a Manifesto against the Brazil Military Dictatorship of 64.

Soon after came a feeling of deep sadness for perceiving myself in self-exile, and exile was the way many of the persecuted had to be their lives and moral integrity preserved.

However, at the end of that interview I began smiling to realise that yes, the longing and nonconformist feeling is similar to those experienced for example by Gilberto Gil and Caetano who in 1969 left in exile to London.

But joy is the main reason that moves me, because I feel part of a movement both outside and within Brazil that resists and is aware of its role to collectively denounce the political disaster that has been going on in Brazil since the 2016 Coup.

In short, I am happy to record in music a historical moment of my country and the world. So, the album Guarnicê, apart from the songs, contributes to a global phenomenon that rises against the wave of extremism from right-wing sectors.

So, if their weapons are lies, hatred and cowardice, we have thought, art and rationality in our favor.  After all, we are driven by love and the hope of better days through the uncontrollable desire to do what we feel is good.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas